July, August 2020 – Vancouver Island Symphony Summer Pop Up Shows
Join Heather as she performs French horn as a core member of the Vancouver Island Symphony Orchestra, based in Nanaimo.
More information can be found here: https://www.vancouverislandsymphony.com/
With the anticipation of Phase 3 of the Government of British Columbia’s re-start plan, the Vancouver Island Symphony, is offering a series of four (4) summer Pop Up Concerts featuring different ensembles from the Vancouver Island Symphony in July and August.
These ensembles include:
- Trio of Flute, Violin and Bass
- String Quartet with two French Horns
- Brass Quintet
- Trio of Oboe, Clarinet and Bassoon
Several of these four (4) concerts series packages have been sold out. Single Tickets are available for some performances of the Friday and Saturday Pop Up Concerts – please email or call the office to book: 250-754-0177.
The VIS will present these concerts using health regulations as outlined by the Government of British Columbia. There are specific rules and we will be following them for everyone’s safety.
- Concerts will be held outside on private property and can accommodate 40 audience members that will be seated with social distancing in place.
- The exact concert location address will be provided once you book your ticket.
- Concerts will be one hour (60 minutes) in length with audience members arriving no more than 30 minutes ahead and leaving no later than 30 minutes after the concert.
- Audience Members need to bring their own chairs, masks (optional), hand sanitizer, gloves (optional), beverage (no food or alcohol please).
- A washroom will be available for Emergencies ONLY.
- Parking is on the street.
- Audience members will be asked to line up prior to entering the yard. They will then be directed to move to a space where they can place their chairs for seating. Audience members may sit in their COVID Bubbles.
- Audience members agree to not attend if they are sick or not feeling well.
- The concert series packages are non-refundable but they are transferable. The Purchaser may sell or give their concert space to someone else. When packages are resold or transferred, we must be notified and the new package owners must provide their contact information in order for the VIS to remain compliant with health regulations and COVID-19 Tracking.
- We are unable to reschedule these concerts. If it rains the show will go on. In the event of rain, the musicians will be under tents however audience will not. Please bring your umbrellas.
CONCERT BONUS! The VIS will be selling subscriptions to a Streaming Concert Series featuring these four summer concerts. Everyone who attends the live concerts will receive a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to the Streaming Concert Series. Details will be sent to attendees as they become available.
Musicians have been hard hit financially by the pandemic and will continue to be challenged to make a living in the next 18 months. These Summer Pop Up concerts will support our VIS musicians and allow the VIS to re-launch when safe to do so. Your support is so important in ensuring that the VIS will be able to continue to operate.