July 2020 – Alexander Technique studio re-opens with COVID safety measures
As of July 2020, I am happy to announce that I will be re-opening the Sound Being Studio for Alexander Technique. During the COVID pandemic we have all had to adjust and reconfigure how we will work with people in close quarters. I have missed teaching the Alexander Technique, and missed seeing how it can help change people’s habits and allow them to live their lives with more ease and efficiency. Please note that there are limited appointment times at the studio. Fridays are the main teaching day, with a few other possibilities during the week. Please inquire for more information, at 250-716-3464.
As of July 2020, please make yourself familiar with the new safety procedures at the studio:
- Please complete the online pre-screening form on the day of your appointment: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- If you are sick (fever, dry cough, tiredness) or if you have been in contact with a Covid-19 infected person, please cancel your appointment!
- Wait in your car or outside of the clinic until your exact appointment time.
- Disinfect your hands at our ‘hand sanitizer station’ when entering and leaving the office. Remove shoes and leave on tray.
- Wear a face mask for your own protection.
- Don’t overstay your appointment time as we need the time to clean and disinfect for the next appointment.
- As a disinfectant I use 80% Isopropyl solution.
- The room is cleaned and disinfected.
- Headrest, bolsters and table are covered in plastic for easy wiping/disinfecting, or cloth covers that are washed after each treatment.
- Room is aired when disinfecting and teaching for better air flow.
- Frequently touched surfaces are disinfected: Door handles, door frames and any other surface clients may have touched
- The bathroom is cleaned and disinfected after each bathroom visit. Clients are asked to reduce the use of the bathroom if possible.
- The office will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of every day.
- All participants wear a cloth mask or face shield.
- We wash hands and/or use a hand-sanitizer afterwards before and after the treatment. Clients are asked to use hand-sanitizers as well.
- Clients are asked to bring their own water bottle.