This year I have the priviledge of returning to teach an Alexander Technique class for Trinity Western University in Langley. This school has a dynamic music program with an internationally recognized choral component, and all of their music majors must take the repertory and studio class. I will be teaching an introduction to the Alexander Technique on October 10th, 2018. In the class I will cover many ideas and activities that are available in my standard introductory workshop for musicians. This workshop is available to music groups on request, and I am able to customize it for a specific focus or instrument. Please contact me at 250-716-3464 or email@example.com for more information.
The Alexander Technique will help musicians:
- Move with ease, grace, and poise
- Improve kinaesthetic awareness & posture
- Release muscle tension and tightness
- Be energetic and efficient yet calm
- Re-establish better balance
- Change your habitual patterns of reaction
- Perform activities with awareness and freedom
- Learn recuperation and relaxation exercises for home
- Understand your body’s design for efficient movement
The Alexander Technique is taught at: Juilliard School of Performing Arts in New York, The Royal College of Music in London, The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto and at many other music schools.